All right, I’m going to lay it on the line here people. This stuff is not hard, but it does take some effort, work, and just a little bit of planning. So with this post, I’d like to take just a few minutes to share how our family packs healthy snacks on the go. Like this amazing display of yummy below from Fully Raw👇🏻😮 serious awesome!
- It has to be three ingredients or less.
- Cover all taste senses; salty, sweet, sour.
- No more than 30 minutes to make.
- Each of my children have to be able to carry their own.
- Must not require a bath after consumption.
- I don’t want to have to have my car detailed because of what healthy on the go they’ve consumed.
Surely we have seen snacks being smeared on the insides of the windows and crumbs in places that you did not even know existed.
And As a homeschool mom; making rounds through the county; with what feels like a 14 hour travel trip, I find myself reaching for multiple convenient items so that we have healthy snacks on the go. This looks different for many people, but I really wanted to highlight some convenient options.
- Nuts of any kind.
- Homemade flax crackers, baby carrots or peppers with hummus.
- Mason jar of celery sticks and nut butter
- Mason jar salad.
- Any fruit in season (not precut) bring a pocket knife.
- Lemon infused water with watermelon stevia.
- KOMBUCHA drinks.
- Pre made tuna salad, egg salad, or potato salad. Using Veganaise or avomayo.
- Gluten free wraps and assemble at location.
- Rice cakes.
- Plant protein shake, my favorite is this one and also these superfood bars.
- Hard boiled eggs.
I have a box load of ideas so this list could get really long, you get the idea right? Really, just keep it simple, easy, and think: grab and go goodies!!
I hope that helps, Jackie
What healthy ideas have you used?