Due to the alarming amount of recalls on our food/food like products, I am (and have been for a while but sometimes get convenience lazy) making a lot of our own food items. Such as this delicious almond butter above ↑, as well as almond mylk, juice pulp crust pizzas, RAW granola and quite a few others.
Follow along, I’ll show you how to make some of these delectables
It is unbelievably important to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies and with this information below, ↓ it’s just becoming more apparent we need to educate and arm ourselves with as much information as possible to make good sound food decisions. Take a gander below and consider yourself…..educated, for now. Of course this list will grow in recalls, as our year is yet to be over.
Much concern for your well being, Jackie
Taken straight from FOODSAFETY.GOV
- Plum Organics Voluntarily Recalls Little Cremes Organic Rice Milk Snacks Due to Potential Choking Hazard
Sep 8, 2014 5:20 PM
- Plum Organics is voluntarily recalling its Little Cremes organic rice milk snacks line after it was found that the product has the potential to cause choking. The small, bite-sized snack pieces are made to soften in a child’s mouth in less than 20 seconds making them easy to swallow.
- Mars Chocolate North America Issues Allergy Alert Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Peanuts and Eggs in TWIXÂ® Bites 7oz Stand Up Pouch
Sep 8, 2014 9:56 AM
- Today, Mars Chocolate North America announced a voluntary recall of its TWIXÂ® Brand Unwrapped Bites 7 oz. Stand Up Pouch with the code date: 421BA4GA60. Fewer than 25 cases of the stand-up pouches in this single lot code may contain product containing peanuts and eggs without listing them on the ingredient label.
- Tullia’s Recalls Sauce Because of Possible Health Risk
Sep 4, 2014 4:00 PM
- Tullia’s is recalling Italian Meatless Pasta Sauce code 530140. This recall has been initiated because a records review by the Washington State Department of Agriculture revealed that one batch of sauce produced with the 530140 code had a pH level high enough to allow the growth of Clostridium botulinum.
- La Orocovena Biscuit Voluntarily Recalls Pound Cake de Queso Due to Undeclared Milk, Soy and Wheat
Sep 3, 2014 4:46 PM
- Through this means we inform to all La Orocoveña Biscuit clients that we will be conducting a recall of the product Pound Cake de Queso, 2oz. Exp. Dates 08/11/2014 to 10/12/2014, this since the product contains undeclared milk, wheat and soy.
- Tjs Place recalls Basil Pesto Pasta because of potential health risk
Sep 3, 2014 4:43 PM
- Tjs Place of Kirkland Washington is voluntarily recalling approx. 20 containers of Basil Pesto Pasta packed in 8 oz plastic tubs because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Limited Recall Due to Metal Fragments (Expanded)
Sep 1, 2014 3:47 PM
- At PEDIGREE, we care about all dogs and their safety and well-being is extremely important to us, and to our mission – to make a Better World for Pets. For that reason, we have announced the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- Maryland Firm Recalls Fresh, Raw Chicken Products Due To Possible Processing Flaw
Sep 6, 2014 9:00 PM
- Perdue Food LLC, a Salisbury, MD establishment, is recalling approximately 720 pounds of raw, fresh chicken products because they may have experienced a processing deviation in temperature during production.
- New Jersey Firm Recalls Breaded Chicken Product For Possible Listeria Contamination
Aug 27, 2014 4:00 PM
- TNUVA USA, a Fairfield, N.J., establishment is recalling approximately 8,316 pounds of Mom’s Chicken Extra Thin Cutlets product due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes (Lm), the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- California Firm Recalls Chicken Caesar Salad Kits For Possible Listeria Contamination
Aug 21, 2014 7:15 PM
- APPA Fine Foods, a Corona, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 92,657 pounds of fully cooked chicken Caesar salad kit products due to concerns about possible Listeria monocytogenes.
- Massachusetts Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due To Possible E. Coli O157:H7 Contamination
Aug 15, 2014 4:16 AM
- Whole Foods Market locations, South Weymouth, Mass. and Newton, Mass., are recalling 368 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
- Georgia Firm Recalls Chicken Nugget Product Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
Aug 12, 2014 10:20 PM
- Perdue, a Gainesville, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 15,306 pounds of frozen, fully cooked chicken nugget product that may be contaminated with extraneous material.
- Recall Notification Report 051-2014
Aug 9, 2014 1:00 AM
- Oberto’s Brands, a Kent, Wa. establishment, is recalling approximately 57,578 pounds of chicken strip products due to company quality issues.